Yes, I did say that didn’t I? Small Business Internet Marketing Specialist, Ingrid Gee, writes about the 411 for Internet Marketing.
There are a few general guidelines for internet marketing strategies:
1. Publish fresh, relevant content weekly (and daily if you find the time)
2. Be genuine (I can’t tell you how often people try to post just their logo or something, that isn’t real)
3. Talk straight (Do not try to be someone your not, just be you and communicate what your brand/product has to offer)
4. Be beneficial (Anytime you publish fresh new content, make sure it’s 75% of the time beneficial and useful to your target market. Let’s face it, have you ever been around someone and all they do is talk about themselves? You are counting down the minutes to leave and can’t wait to get out of their presence? Don’t be that person!)
5. Build multiple channels for your communication to be distributed
6. Be “pretty” (Not talking about photo shop here, meaning the graphics and images you post, make sure they are interesting and relevant to your content)
7. Think about your end visitor (Whatever “internet portal” you build, make sure that it’s easy for the visitor to ‘swim around’ your site. After all you want them to stay a while, right?)
8. Last but not least, if Internet Marketing wears you out and you just don’t want to do it….Don’t fall asleep at your computer from exhaustion…Hire someone who can do it for you. It’s just a necessary ‘evil’ now days and you must keep up with your internet presence with the digital world of marketing we live in!
Of-course there is a multitude more of what can be done to optimize internet marketing. But that’s why we have blogs like this and many other people, because you can publish and post and blog till the cows come home with all the millions of tips needed for internet marketing!
Till next time,
Ingrid Gee, Small Business Internet Marketing Specialist, Blue Dress Marketing, Marketing Developed, Implemented and Managed to Full Circle! Organic Internet Search Engine Specialist.