A skilled internet marketing consultant knows the value of social media marketing. Any internet marketing plan needs to create content on multiple social networking sites that engages and builds online communities which, in turn, facilitates the marketing message.
Internet marketing plans generally comprise core principles and web metrics to strengthen the company’s position in terms of Search Engine Optimization, including:
- Creating content that flows and is easily shared.
- Utilizing multiple social media sites that always link back to the company’s website and blog, which ultimately helps SEO and SEM.
- Creating compelling content across multiple social media sites including YouTube and Slideshare.
- Utilizing images and videos published on Facebook, Google+. Pinterest and Instagram.
- Sharing buttons for Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn, Pinterest and Google+.
With social media, internet marketing consultants strive to develop strategies that clearly define the audience and marketing goals. Once this has been done, marketers can begin to implement those tactics across multiple social media channels that have been determined to deliver results congruent with that strategy.
Tips and tactics for social media marketing:
- Blog – Create a home base for content, such as the company’s website.
- Facebook – Include visual content when publishing to the timeline and use it to build engagement with fans. Facebook continues to make changes. If your internet marketing consultant is not keeping up with these changes, your company’s page could get lost in the minutiae of Facebook marketing.
- Twitter – Twitter recently has released numerous “user experience enhancements.” Subtly embedded in each are the building blocks of a better business plan. Twitter is slowly and incrementally improving advertiser reach on the service, one change at a time. Twitter now shares two different perspectives on new feature announcements with the official blog and the advertising blog — marking a shift towards advertiser opportunities versus user experience.
- YouTube – Creating short videos – 15-30 seconds – will captivate and create buzz about the brand.
- LinkedIn – Embrace the power of “Groups” on LinkedIn to position the company as an expert and thought leader.
- Pinterest – At 10.4 million users, Pinterest is the fastest growing social media site in history. Pinterest has surpassed LinkedIn and Google+ in terms of referral traffic. Creating boards that suit the company’s product categories and have some visual sharing fun are keys to generating followers as well as driving traffic back to the company’s website.
- Instagram – Make it personal and humanize the company’s brand.
Patience and Persistence
Like most marketing tools, social media marketing is not a quick fix. It needs to be built on the premise that a long-term approach will create relationships with your customers that will continue to grow and build over time.
Blue Dress™ Marketing knows social media success depends on being persistent and continuing to publish content that educates, engages, informs, entertains, and inspires current and future customers to develop new relationships and strengthen current ones.
Till next time,
Ingrid Gee, Small Business Internet Marketing Consultant. Blue Dress™ Marketing, an Internet Marketing Company. Internet Marketing Developed, Implemented and Managed to Full Circle! Organic Internet Search Engine Guru.email@example.com