Hi there, Ingrid Gee with Blue Dress® Internet Marketing Company here! We are passionate about helping your company with your online marketing plan and creating your web presence success for full flawless internet saturation. One key component for this success is your goals. Yes, setting goals can be the one thing that will make or break if you will actually achieve these goals!
How often have you been “too busy” to stop and breath in your busy hectic life and write down what you want to accomplish? Don’t be busy just “being busy”, get busy being productive and reaching your goals. So in all journeys the first step is to know where you are going.
Think about your online presence. Where do you want it to be? How do you visualize yourself online?
Decide what you want. Take action to make it happen. Remember that setting goals does not mean that you achieve them over night. It means that you work toward them day in day out, week in week out, year in year out, until you achieve them.
Write an action and implementation plan. Setting up realistic benchmarks and sub goal targets will help you work diligently toward your end ‘prize goal’, yet not get frustrated as your little sub goal “wins” along the way will give you that “cookie” needed to keep persevering.
So what are the steps for setting your internet marketing goals?
Here they are in priority order:
1. Decide who you are and what makes you different.
2. Create a timeline implementation plan for building your online portals with which to share yourself and brand.
3. Populate these online social sites, blogs, profile and feature sites with true authentic content that accurately communicates your “niche”.
4. Hire a professional “brander”/marketer at least in the initial stages so your visual elements accurately reflect who you are and what your product is about. As well, professionals will know how to craft your message and design for the absolute most impact and relevancy.
5. Think about optimization. Publishing fresh content frequently to your multi channels that you have so beautifully built. Don’t let them die on the vine.
6. Goal setting. After they are built decide your goals, how many people do you want to see and hear your message online. Work toward building more and more channels and creating more and more content till you reach your desired saturation point online. Stay the course. The longer you work on adding and building to your online presence the more powerful it becomes.
7. Don’t forget the sales. Marketing and Sales are two different animals. If your online marketing is done properly it will support the sale and increase conversions. These two departments co-exist and live off each other.
8. Accept the digital world. Even though the sales and marketing live off each other, the only exception (due to our ever changing and growing digital world) is that a brand/company with a less than full internet presence will no longer be able to compete in today’s market place at truly viable and sustainable levels, no matter how much work is done in the sales dept. With 65% of all shoppers researching online before they ever decide to buy a product, internet saturation and flawless online presence becomes a necessary evil in your marketing budget. As well, being in the right place at the right time within the right context search = new people you never even “sold” to (in the sales dept) finding and ultimately buying from you!
Till next time,
Ingrid Gee, Small Business Internet Marketing Consultant. Blue Dress® Marketing, an Internet Marketing Company. Internet Marketing Developed, Implemented and Managed to Full Circle! Organic Internet Search Engine Guru. Everywhere and Anywhere You Need to Be Online® email@example.com