In today’s digital marketing world visuals are like the bread to a peanut butter and jelly sandwich. Without the bread you don’t have a sandwich.
It goes the same for your online marketing and the types of things you publish on your content and social media channels. If you don’t have the visual element, you don’t have anything when it comes to social media optimization and Online Marketing.
Things change at warp speed online and in the last 12 months internet has had some quick changes. Let’s talk about these changes to help you understand what to do online, and how to create a killer effective web strategy!
Marketers who are utilizing visual content are seeing significant increases to their blog traffic, social media engagement, and conversion rates.
Facebook Twitter, LinkedIn, and Instagram have all increased the elements of visual on their channels. LinkedIn has changed the personal profiles to include a background full screen cover image. They have added visual blogging and increased graphics on feeds. Twitter has shifted their cover image to have even more ‘digital market’ space at the top.
Here are the Visual Stats:
- Within a 12mos time there has been a 75% increase in video post on Facebook. This shows what people want and what they want to share!
- The U.S. is watching more videos online than ever before (38.2 billion videos in 2014 alone – an increase of 43% over last year).
- Tweets with images get 18% more clicks, 89% more favorites, and 150% more retweets!
- Post on Facebook that have a photo attached account for 87% of all interactions! As these types of post have more likes, more shares, more comments, more engagement.
- Increase your “retweet” opportunities by 35% when you add a photo URL to your tweet!
- For 2015, 70% of marketers are planning to grow their use of visual graphics and videos. Don’t get left behind, get visual with it!
- 95% of B2B buyers agreed they preferred shorter content formats. That means visual is a way to have a short content section, as a picture portrays a thousand words.
Hope you enjoyed these few little tidbits to assist you in the big wild wild world of online.
For the love of online marketing-
Ingrid Gee, Internet Marketing Consultant. Blue Dress® Marketing, an Internet Marketing Company headquartered in Knoxville, TN. Internet Marketing Developed, Implemented and Managed to Full Circle! Organic Internet Search Engine Guru. Turn Key Internet Optimization Programs Placing You Everywhere and Anywhere You Need to Be Online®